Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weather Rant...

Bare with me on this post. I'm a bit obsessed with the weather conditions...
My impatient nature was seriously tested yesterday - waiting for the snow that I missed out on in July.  This was the view from our porch yesterday 11ish.  Not a snow cloud in sight.  Maybe the weather guys got it wrong - and it would pass us by...
By the afternoon the Southerly had arrived (in whirling and theatrical style) quickly followed by hail...but no snow.

And then at 8.30pm last night we FINALLY saw our first flakes (whilst the rest of the South Island and Wellington had already been well dusted)!  And I woke this morning to squeaky, dry, light as light snow. And its still snowing hard out.  And may do so for few days.  

 This is the current state of play at our place...





No comments:

Post a Comment